Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11-1-11

I joined my university's secular/freethinkers club. I found the club while researching how to start my own Humanist group. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed, as the club seems to mostly be dormant. I posted a few things on it's site but received no replies thus far, and given the lack of events or other communication on there, I doubt it will have much to offer. Too bad because there are a few other people who just recently joined but the leaders of the group don't seem to be very active. Nonetheless, I'll keep trying. You never know, maybe if I keep at it and keep posting, something will stick or someone will reach out.

I have had luck with meetup.com and the Phoenix atheist and Humanist groups. These two groups have extremely active members and they do lots of cool stuff. I'll definitely do my best to meet up with them as much as possible.

Also, I've added this blog to a Humanist blog webring as well as started a twitter account (the twitter feed is to the right). Please follow me if you can. My username on twitter is humangeist.

"Knowledge is freedom, freedom from ignorance and it's offspring fear; knowledge is light and liberation"

Humanist Bible Ch.2 verse 11


Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment